Forums

contactbrownadmin iconfacebook icontumblr icontwitter youtube iconindiedb iconDA iconsteam iconpumpkin

What do you want to decorate your house with?

Have a great idea that you want implemented? Post it here for everyone to promote and give feedback.

Poll: Your dream house would be...?

Normal
14%
Cute
33%
Scary
No votes
Elegant
38%
Weird
14%
Trashy
No votes
Total votes: 21

Doctor Glasgow

Lead Developer

Re: What do you want to decorate your house with?

Post#11 » Dec 28, 2015 2:15 am

Eiburine wrote:Hmm :3c I'm thinking stuff like trophies or statues that the player can win in various community events and such... Of course things like flowers or fish and bugs that the player can acquire as well :D

Hmm what about half-wall like things or folding screens? :3c I always liked using those in any game with furniture customization :D

You hit the jackpot of things that we are already planning on putting in the game.

Good call.
down 2 clown

Kalcour

Pumpkin Seedling

Post#12 » Dec 28, 2015 10:38 am

I'm a sucker for all things elegant, but this is a farming game so...probably stuffed animals and what not.

Reika

Pumpkin Seedling

Post#13 » Apr 20, 2016 11:05 am

Apologies for necro'ing a thread from several months back. :)

Here's my suggestions:

Bookcases, cabinets, shelves, wall art, statues, vases, lamps - hanging lamps, floor lamps, table lamps in different styles. +1 to the suggestion for decorative lighting as well, such as fairy lights or lanterns. Stuffed animals that look like the different animals in the game, throw cushions with different patterns to complement the beds and couches, floor cushions. Rugs for the floors. Stained glass for windows or doors. The vases could perhaps hold flowers that players picked out in the world, or grew in their garden. Decorative bowls that could hold fruit or vegetables that players harvested. Wall art could be things like pictures, tapestries, decorative masks, decorative fans, fabric drapes that hang from the ceiling or attach to the wall, or clocks in different styles.

Extra bonus happiness if the cabinets and shelves are functional, and items can be placed on/in them. Storage boxes are also good - we had something like that in Glitch, where you could place multiples of a single item in a storage box, and the appearance was the item in a frame hung on the wall. Functional AND decorative! Then you can do all different styles of the boxes as well.

Different art themes could include sweets, floral, seasons (autumn, winter, spring, summer), beach, 8 bit gamer, gothic, angelic, Grecian, Asian, baroque, arabian nights, etc. Themed sets of items would be great, so players can create a unified look if they want to, or pick and choose from the different sets if they want to be more creative.

Sakura02

Lead Developer

Post#14 » Apr 25, 2016 10:59 am

Reika wrote:Apologies for necro'ing a thread from several months back. :)

Here's my suggestions:

Bookcases, cabinets, shelves, wall art, statues, vases, lamps - hanging lamps, floor lamps, table lamps in different styles. +1 to the suggestion for decorative lighting as well, such as fairy lights or lanterns. Stuffed animals that look like the different animals in the game, throw cushions with different patterns to complement the beds and couches, floor cushions. Rugs for the floors. Stained glass for windows or doors. The vases could perhaps hold flowers that players picked out in the world, or grew in their garden. Decorative bowls that could hold fruit or vegetables that players harvested. Wall art could be things like pictures, tapestries, decorative masks, decorative fans, fabric drapes that hang from the ceiling or attach to the wall, or clocks in different styles.

Extra bonus happiness if the cabinets and shelves are functional, and items can be placed on/in them. Storage boxes are also good - we had something like that in Glitch, where you could place multiples of a single item in a storage box, and the appearance was the item in a frame hung on the wall. Functional AND decorative! Then you can do all different styles of the boxes as well.

Different art themes could include sweets, floral, seasons (autumn, winter, spring, summer), beach, 8 bit gamer, gothic, angelic, Grecian, Asian, baroque, arabian nights, etc. Themed sets of items would be great, so players can create a unified look if they want to, or pick and choose from the different sets if they want to be more creative.

Oh no by all means! The forums going to be pretty quiet until the game is actually released. So let's see base don your list here (If I said yes it means we already have models for it).

Bookcases- yes
cabinets - yes
shelves - yes
wall art - yes
statues - working on it
vases - yes
lamps- yes
hanging lamps- working on it
floor lamps- good suggestion
table lamps- yes
in different styles- definite yes!
Stuffed animals - working on it
throw cushions - excellent suggestion
Rugs for the floors - yes
vases could perhaps hold flowers - yes
tapestries - working on it
decorative masks - excellent suggestion
decorative fans- hmm tricky to implement since it has to be placed on roofs
fabric drapes- excellent suggestion
clocks - yes

Extra bonus happiness if the cabinets and shelves are functional, and items can be placed on/in them - YES (We need to test this out further but items can placed on top of pretty much anything as long as the surface is flat and large enough for that item)

And those are some good theme suggestions as well we have a ton of textures and ideas for the furniture so we hope to have a wide variety of thing you can collect.

Thanks again for the suggestions so of them are really good!

HiroAnimation

Pumpkin Sprout

Post#15 » May 29, 2016 8:21 pm

i know at least with animal crossing my favorite styles were the green set, the japanese sets, the futuristic stuff, and the metal floor carpet i oddly always ended up using for my basement.

Prismshard

Supporter

Post#16 » Jun 03, 2016 6:06 pm

I've always had a soft spot in games for furniture that creates a mystical vibe. Lamps that look like glowing plants, for example. Maybe some sort of decorative crystals that can be placed on the floor or a table could be really neat too.

It sounds like the team already has a lot of ideas and plans though, so I'm sure I'll enjoy the option that will make it in the game. c:

TheConceptionist

Pumpkin Seedling

Post#17 » Jul 01, 2016 12:58 am

Something relatively normal. If the devs put it in, I'd have a sick gaming setup, with some bookshelves and nice, smooth wooden floors. :)

TwirlyBloom

Pumpkin Seedling

Post#18 » Oct 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Prismshard wrote:I've always had a soft spot in games for furniture that creates a mystical vibe. Lamps that look like glowing plants, for example. Maybe some sort of decorative crystals that can be placed on the floor or a table could be really neat too.

It sounds like the team already has a lot of ideas and plans though, so I'm sure I'll enjoy the option that will make it in the game. c:

Oh man, I love this mystical idea ^^ I'm a tad new-agey myself.

Pink

Pumpkin Seedling

Post#19 » Nov 04, 2016 10:59 pm

I'd love to have a garden in this game. Not a farm to grow food in, just a garden for fun. I know I want garden decorations, but I can't come up with many ideas right now. All I can think of are gnomes and fountains.

Return to “Pumpkin Suggestions”