Forums

contactbrownadmin iconfacebook icontumblr icontwitter youtube iconindiedb iconDA iconsteam iconpumpkin

What do you want to decorate your house with?

Have a great idea that you want implemented? Post it here for everyone to promote and give feedback.

Poll: Your dream house would be...?

Normal
14%
Cute
33%
Scary
No votes
Elegant
38%
Weird
14%
Trashy
No votes
Total votes: 21

Sakura02

Lead Developer

What do you want to decorate your house with?

Post#1 » Dec 21, 2015 12:34 am

What do you want decorate your house with?

Hey so we're almost done making a bunch of furniture. So we have beds, tables, couches all that stuff is covered. However, a house is more than those things so what can you see you decorating your house with? Could be pretty much anything, does not have to be normal.

Mango

Pumpkin Seedling

Re: What do you want to decorate your house with?

Post#2 » Dec 21, 2015 11:05 am

I'd love to add a bookcase or two to my home. Being surrounded by books always gives me a pleasant and cozy feeling.

Eiburine

Supporter

Post#3 » Dec 22, 2015 12:27 am

Lots of Plushies!! :D
I'd like to have an elegant and cute house :)

Clover

Pumpkin Seedling

Post#4 » Dec 23, 2015 11:03 am

I dunno how possible it would be, but I would love furniture shaped like food ?
Kinda like the Sweets set from Animal Crossing, I guess.
:">

TimeMachine

Pumpkin Seedling

Post#5 » Dec 23, 2015 3:43 pm

I'd love fish tanks or fish bowls or glass enclosures for displaying live bugs. I like decorations that move, and fish tanks work well like that, though I'm aware that would be more work for you all to animate.

Candles and clocks are also really nice. I'd love lots of clock options.

Robin

Pumpkin Seedling

Post#6 » Dec 23, 2015 9:26 pm

I definitely agree about bookshelves (really excited to see a picture of future bookshelves in Pumpkin Online a while back) & live animals (like in Animal Crossing)! Those are the things that would excite me most.
I like nature-themed stuff--floral, animal-themed, etc.
Pictures for the walls would be cool, though not necessary. Ooh, and murals! Murals would be great! Like, lots of different possible wall patterns would be ideal, & some of those being murals. Or if you could have 3 walls be a certain pattern u like & one wall be a mural, that would be lovely.
Oh yeah--one thing that annoyed me in Animal Crossing (the versions I played) was that you couldn't display stuff like shells. Well, you could, but it'd be considered trash. I think anything you can collect should be displayable. And what Really bothered me a lot was how if you spent a long time w/o playing you'd get cockroaches, but you couldn't collect them like all other bugs in the game, which is really unrealistic.
Also... multiple rooms would be really nice and cool.
And just... the more things can be customized, the better, including blankets, pillowcases, and that kind of thing.

Sakura02

Lead Developer

Post#7 » Dec 27, 2015 12:09 am

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Most of those we have already modeled but a few got some gears turning in m head for things we can add. bookshelves and such are pretty obvious. I'm just having trouble coming up with decorations you put up around the house that doesn't necessarily have a function but just looks cool or adds to an aesthetic so think like.. globes, plushies, sword display etc.
Any more ideas on that front?

Eiburine

Supporter

Post#8 » Dec 27, 2015 1:46 am

Hmm :3c I'm thinking stuff like trophies or statues that the player can win in various community events and such... Of course things like flowers or fish and bugs that the player can acquire as well :D

Hmm what about half-wall like things or folding screens? :3c I always liked using those in any game with furniture customization :D

Mango

Pumpkin Seedling

Post#9 » Dec 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Sakura02 wrote:Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Most of those we have already modeled but a few got some gears turning in m head for things we can add. bookshelves and such are pretty obvious. I'm just having trouble coming up with decorations you put up around the house that doesn't necessarily have a function but just looks cool or adds to an aesthetic so think like.. globes, plushies, sword display etc.
Any more ideas on that front?

I was skeptical about suggesting this originally because I'm not sure if it could even be done, but another thing that I love to fill my real home with is pretty lighting. Fairy lights, paper lanterns, you name it. Something like that that provides a low-key, warm atmosphere would totally be something I'd be interested in.

Sakura02

Lead Developer

Post#10 » Dec 27, 2015 9:09 pm

It's not too difficult to make an object glow. I'm not sure yet how to make an object emit light, but I'm sure it's not too difficult. Good suggestions though for that.

Return to “Pumpkin Suggestions”